UFC 279’s lineup is growing.
Jamie Pickett vs. Denis Tiuliulin was initially planned for July 9 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Two sources with knowledge of the fight told MMA Junkie about it but requested to remain anonymous since the promotion hasn’t announced it.
Tiuliulin injured himself before the original battle.
Pickett (13-7 MMA, 2-3 UFC) lost to Kyle Daukaus by submission in February. Pickett lost after beating Laureano Staropoli and Joseph Holmes.
Tiuliulin (10-6 MMA, 0-1 UFC) fought Aliaskhab Khizriev in March. Second-round rear-naked choke loss. He’s 4-2 in his last six games.
UFC 279 now has:
- Khamzat Chimaev vs. Nate Diaz
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Jailton Almeida
- Norma Dumont vs. Danyelle Wolf
- Irene Aldana vs. Macy Chiasson
- Denis Tiuliulin vs. Jamie Pickett
- Heili Alateng vs. Chad Anheliger
- Melissa Martinez vs. Elise Reed
- Ion Cutelaba vs. Johnny Walker