There will be a bantamweight fight in the month of September.
On September 17 at UFC Fight Night in Las Vegas, Javid Basharat (12-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) faces Tony Gravely (23-7 MMA, 4-2 UFC).
Even though the organization hasn’t made an official announcement, the media was informed about the fight by two unnamed sources.
By submitting Oron Kahlon in October’s Dana White’s Contender Series, Basharat was awarded a contract with the Ultimate Fighting Championship. He had already beaten Trevin Jones in March at UFC Fight Night 203.
Four consecutive victories for Gravely. He has graduated from the Contender Series and has won his last two fights, against Saimon Oliveira and Johnny Munoz.
Additional bouts have been added to UFC Fight Night on September 17:
- Cory Sandhagen vs. Song Yadong
- Giga Chikadze vs. Sodiq Yusuff
- Andre Fili vs. Lando Vannata
- Sijara Eubanks vs. Maryna Moroz
- Chidi Njokuani vs. Gregory Rodrigues
- Tanner Boser vs. Rodrigo Nascimento
- Trey Ogden vs. Daniel Zellhuber
- Nikolas Motta vs. Cameron VanCamp
- Louis Cosce vs. Trevin Giles
- Damon Jackson vs. Pat Sabatini
- Diana Belbita vs. Loma Lookboonmee
- Melissa Gatto vs. Gillian Robertson
- Marc-Andre Barriault vs. Anthony Hernandez
- Alen Amedovski vs. Joe Pyfer
- Javid Basharat vs. Tony Gravely