Mokaev has agreed to fight a third time in the UFC.
UFC 280 takes place in Abu Dhabi on Oct. 22 and features a flyweight contender. His next opponent is Malcolm Gordon.
Two people with inside knowledge of the issue told MMA Junkie that the booking had been made. ESPN was the first to bring the story to the public's attention.
Mokaev is undefeated in mixed martial arts (MMA) and undefeated in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). He recently defeated Charles Johnson by unanimous decision at UFC Fight Night 208 in London, England. As a professional mixed martial arts competitor, the 22-year-old has never lost.
Gordon, on the other hand, is coming off a first-round TKO victory over Denys Bondar in February (13-5 MMA, 2-1 UFC). Gordon now has a winning record of two fights in a row.
The new additions to the UFC 280 line-up are as follows:
- Charles Oliveira vs. Islam Makhachev – for vacant lightweight title
- Champ Aljamain Sterling vs. T.J. Dillashaw – for bantamweight title
- Sean Brady vs. Belal Muhammad
- Sean O’Malley vs. Petr Yan
- Beneil Dariush vs. Mateusz Gamrot
- Amanda Lemos vs. Marina Rodriguez
- Lucas Almeida vs. Zubaira Tukhugov
- Katlyn Chookagian vs. Manon Fiorot
- Caio Borralho vs. Makhmud Muradov
- Malcolm Gordon vs. Muhammad Mokaev